Not sure where to start really….

Ok, my particulars, my name is Heather Adams I’m 30, I have dyslexia (if you hadn’t already noticed), and I’ve battled with depression, psoriasis and crohns disease for as long as I can remember, and more recently I’ve become a stroke survivor that’s brought its own set of problems.

I’m a geeky paranoid looking girl whose short sighted, poos a lot, drops skin like a snake, takes more medication than your average drug addict and cannot spell for her life, I’m a real hoot.

Then, on a good day I’m also a mother, a partner, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a feminist, and a final year degree student,  all of which I try to be good at and all I work on being better at.

I started this blog three months after suffering a stroke five days after my thirtieth birthday, it was the worst present I’ve ever received and I’m still un-wrapping it daily. I plan to use my blog to note my journey in the hope that it helps my friends and family understand me better, this might sound absurd that by now my friends and family don’t understand me or my health, but how can they I don’t understand myself or my health. I find it extremely difficult to express and articulate how my health affects me, it’s only after recently finishing a fatigue management course for stroke survivors that I’ve realised that managing both my own and other people’s expectations of what, and how I feel and act is something I have to work on. Believe me, it’s all very tiring and when you have precious few energy reserves, wasting energy worrying about what you think you should be doing, or what you think other people think you should be doing, is not really what you want to be doing.

I have good days and bad ones but recently everyday has become a battle, 80% of my time is spent managing symptoms, medication, medication side-effects, doctors and hospital appointments and test, and the other 20% is my life beyond illness.

I want my blog to be an honest, frank, and informative and hopefully even a humours account of life with multiple health issues. I hope that others with long-term conditions can see there not alone and I hope to meet lots of new people and fellow sufferers along the way.

As one of my oldest, kindest and dearests friends once told me I wear my heart on my sleeve, well this is me, my blog, my life, were I tell all, wearing my heart on my sleeve and spilling my guts on the floor.

I hope you enjoy and I look forward to hearing from you.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s